Over 43 million people are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, Parkinson’s, MS, diabetes, and other chronic illnesses. Caring for people often keeps us from caring for ourselves. How do we talk to our friends and loved ones about what we are going through? How do we prevent Compassion Fatigue and the impact of vicarious trauma?
Tamara McClintock Greenberg speaks to a wide range of audiences as well as authoring columns on the subject. Tamara speaks and writes about:
- Guidance for effectively communicating about a loved one’s illness
- Help for feeling less isolated and lonely
- Tips for addressing denial and non-compliance on the part of a chronically ill loved one
- Help for recognizing and coping with vicarious trauma, guilt, and compassion fatigue
- Techniques for helping a loved one manage pain
- Help for coming to grips with impending loss and then getting through the loss
- Navigating the medical system
- How to talk with doctors
- Trauma and medical illness
Contact Tamara today about a speaking engagement or to schedule an interview.